Blog Archive

Pet by Isabella Starling




Title: Pet 
Author: Isabella Starling
Genre: Dark, Menage, Romance 








My name is Pet. My story is going to break your heart.


The first thing you should know about me, is that I'm a good girl.
I follow directions. I bend at the waist. I do anything and everything my King tells me to.
But King is demanding. King is dangerous. He wants to hurt me.
And there is only one person who can help me run away from King...
Except I don't know if I want to leave him. I don't know if I can.

Good pets always obey their master... But what if I want to have two?

PET is a standalone 95,000 word novel. This is a DARK romance!


















Isabella Starling started out as a voracious reader of dark romance, and has since evolved her love of reading into writing dark, twisted romantic tales. When not spending time with her boyfriend, two cats & a Labrador pup, she's chatting away to author friends and plotting her next release.




Website
Pet Spoiler Group 






Pet: A Dark Menage Romance Pet: A Dark Menage Romance by Isabella Starling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Title: Pet
Author: Isabella Starling










This book broke me in so many pieces that I'm still rubbing my eyes of those tears that just can't seem to stop leaking from the corners. I wish they would stop so I can make some sort of half assed attempt to pretend that Pet didn't touch me in ways I never expected. Let ,e start my review with this author's dedication at the end. Why? Because no matter how many times I'll pick up a book, I never know what to expect and when I'm this affected, I'm always curious to know what the were thinking as they wrote their book.



Isabella Starling didn't let us wait too long to find out since as much as she apologizes for breaking our hearts, she admits it broke hers but that the story HAD to be told. And what a story it is.








Who is Pet? She's 18 and a few months, hiding from a terrible secret and until she met King, she was always afraid of something. Through King, she's pushed to heightened boundaries, learns to fully submit and to finally come into her own. King is a man used to getting what he wants and makes no qualms to being selfish, only he never expected that Pet would become his world and he'd want to protect her from her own demons. And Stranger? He's the man that Pet feels drawn to in ways neither can explain. E's a mystery but the small girl makes him feel things he can't describe. Their destiny is intertwined from the very beginning and if you could guess how before the author tells you - my hats off to you.



I'll always say it: when I come across an amazing book, words always fail to truly express how it touched me, I fell in love with this book: with Pet's bratty ways and book hoarding habits. With King's need to protect this girl. And with Stranger's strong feelings for her. I fell in love with the unexpectedness of the storyline, but most of all, I fell in love with how it made me feel. I wish I could say this was my favorite from Isabella Starling (because it is), but every time I do, she always comes up with something better and no less powerful.





View all my reviews







0 comments :

Post a Comment