Blog Archive

Beautiful Surrender by Ember-Raine Winters


Title: Beautiful Surrender ~ Pride and Honor 
Author: Ember-Raine Winters

Release Date: September 28th, 2017

Genre: Romantic Suspense


 The final chapter of the Pride and Honor Series is finally here. 

Trey 
Pissed couldn’t even begin to describe the way I felt when I thought about her. She lied to me. She didn’t even have the decency to stick around and explain herself. The only problem, we needed her to find my family, and despite how angry I was, I needed her. She was everything I ever wanted and I had no idea how to make her stay. 

Kenzie 
I didn’t do relationships. I didn’t do family, and I definitely didn’t do feelings. But, when I was with him, I found myself dreaming about the what-ifs and could be’s. That was dangerous. Anyone who had the misfortune of loving me ended up dead and I refused to let that happen again. My walls were thick but the scary thing was Trey might just be the one to break them all down.



KENZIE

Stupid Trey and his stupid ideas about my driving! He didn’t think about the fact that both times I drove we were kind of in the middle of a life or death situation. No, he only saw my erratic driving. Well okay, maybe I am a little erratic most days. They do like to call me terrorist Barbie, but as Trey sat there smirking over at me with his stupid green eyes that a girl could get lost in, I sulked.

“Well?” he asked sitting in the driver’s seat waiting, as I continued to watch the way his muscles bunched under his shirt. I needed to shut this down. Maybe if I just fucked him and got it over with I could get him out of my head and we could work on getting everyone back. I shook myself internally and banished that idea to the back of my head. That might be the worst idea I had ever had, and that was saying something.

“Well what?” I asked stupidly as I continued to try to rein in my hormones. I was sitting too close. His smell was all around me, suffocating me, intoxicating me.

“Do you have an address?” He repeated, laughing and I watched in fascination as his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down.

Come on, Kenzie! Focus!

“Um, yeah,” I stuttered as I handed over the address. His fingers brushed my hand and I felt a jolt of electricity race up my arm and back down my spine.

I have no idea how I got there but the next thing I knew, I was straddling his wide hips, grabbing his hair and pulling his head hack. His eyes were wide but lust was shining back at me. My mouth came down on his, and my hand was still fisted in his hair, pulling it as I kissed him desperately. His hands were everywhere at once. I laced the fingers of my other hand in his hair as well and then bit down on his bottom lip forcing the sexiest growl from him. He put both hands on my hips and pushed me down onto his hardened cock. My hips gyrated seemingly on their own and I moaned, tilting my head back feeling the sensations wash over me. He took that as an invitation to trail his lips down across my throat to the top of my breasts, pushing down my T-shirt, where he licked and sucked them into his mouth one by one. While his mouth played havoc on my chest, his good hand trailed down until it was stuck between us. 

“What are you doing to me, Kenzie?”

He cupped me over my too tight jeans and I groaned. His fingers skillfully started undoing the button on my jeans, and his hand dove inside immediately finding my clit, circling it with just the right amount of pressure to make me grind down on him harder. He growled and bit my beaded nipple through the fabric of my top—it was too much. The sensations of his mouth and fingers had me spiraling over the edge and I came with a shout.

After a moment, I looked down into his too cocky face and watched as he pulled his fingers from my panties and brought his fingers to his lips and sucked them clean. “When we get back from this meeting, I’m going to show you exactly what I have been fantasizing about doing to this tight little body for the last two years.”

That made me pause. He had been fantasizing about me? Even before we met? It was too much and I jumped off of him quickly and sat back in my seat as far away as I could get from him. “No,” I said rapidly putting myself back to rights. “We can’t do that again. We need to focus on everyone else. Let’s get to the meeting before the contact thinks we bailed.”

Turning my head, and watching out the window, I hoped that he wouldn’t see the pain and confusion etched across my features. I definitely didn’t want to see the hurt in his eyes.

“Whatever you say, Kenzie,” he sneered and put the car in reverse. I was glad he didn’t argue, but the way he said my name hurt some deep unknown part of me, and for the first time one of the walls I built up around my heart cracked just a little. I couldn’t let him get close. My mother was murdered simply for wanting me. I couldn’t let anyone else die because of me, especially not Trey.



Beautiful Delusions ~ Pride and Honor 1

Kaylee

One night was all it took. One accident and I could no longer outrun my past. The terror I'd escaped was hot on my trail and the only person I could turn to was the man who'd hurt me the most.

Griffin

One moment was all it took. One wrong word and she was gone from my life. Fifteen years later, I had a chance to make things right. I could even make Kaylee mine...

If the monster didn't destroy her first.




Beautiful Sacrifice ~ Pride and Honor 2

Tasha

Being a cop, I didn't have any choice, but I really wish I hadn't got mixed up in this case. My dark past is catching up to me ever since he barreled into my life without a care. It terrifies me that he sees right through me. He could be the one to save me . . . or break me.

Twitch

It was just a job. Until it wasn't. By then the sexy little redhead had her claws in me. Now, she's in my life and I'm lost. How am I supposed to keep the demons from her past from eating her alive? I don't know, but I will do whatever it takes to make her mine.



Beautiful Deception ~ Pride and Honor 3

This is the third book in the Pride and Honor Series, but it can be read as a standalone

Marcy

He knows. He knows what I did and there is no way he will ever forgive me. That's the least of my worries. Now, that secret, that little boy that holds my heart in his hands has been stolen from us. I'll do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it costs me my life.

Mac

Marcy had always been mine. I thought she always would be. A misunderstanding ruined that. Ruined any chance for us to be happy. She stole that chance... that life. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive her. The truth is I never stopped loving her, and I'll do whatever it takes to save her.



Ember-Raine Winters lives in sunny California with her two beautiful kids and a wolf. Also known as Apache her pure white Siberian Husky. She loves writing romance and reading just about anything she can get
her hands on. And, football! She loves watching football and going to games. It’s one of her favorite ways to unwind. She dislikes the super-hot temperatures in her city and exercise. She hates to exercise but somehow her sister still gets her to do it every day. She also thinks it’s completely awkward talking about herself in third person.

Ember loves connecting with readers so don’t be afraid to stalk her and drop her a line on social media.


Facebook Reader Group Ember’s Beautiful Babes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/245150635945571/

0 comments :

Post a Comment