Blog Archive

On The Edge Of Regret by Kate Squires


***On the Edge of Regret is LIVE!!***
Click on the links below to see what all the excitement is about! Don't forget to scroll down to read the synopsis and an excerpt! 

Amazon links

Synopsis:
Brix Kelley is a typical, small-town girl, who grew up with scraped knees and dirty fingernails. Nash Cooper was the defiant teen of the town, who’s been in trouble with the law, practically from birth. The two have been friends for longer than they can remember, and somewhere along the way, a flame ignited.
They were inseparable. Then, suddenly, when she was just 15 years old, Brix left town, leaving behind everyone she’s ever loved, in search of a fresh start. She cut off contact with all five of her closest, childhood friends, never intending to return. But, when a tragic event forces her to go back six years later, she’s hesitant and unsure of what kind of reception she’ll receive…especially from Nash.
Still tortured by the ghosts of his past, Brix finds Nash as rebellious as ever, but for the first time since they met, his anger is aimed at her. Just when it seems as though things might be looking up, secrets, which have been long held and deeply buried, begin to surface, throwing them both into a tailspin.
With all the outside forces meant to keep them apart, can they find their way back? Was the love they shared as teens strong enough to bond them again as adults, or will the secrets from the past cause irreparable damage?



My rating: 4 of 5 stars





My first book by Kate Squires almost destroyed me.

Let that sink in for a moment because for a book to completely destroy me, it has to revert me to my childhood habits of hiding underneath my bed sheets for days on end with no lights at the end of the tunnel and that only happened once and i'm still cursing the author for that one. Kate Squires almost brought me back to that state.

On The Edge Of Regret was emotional. Heart wrenching. And hauntingly beautiful because it tells the story of all three with the second chance romance possibility between two high school lovers who were viciously separated by bad circumstances.

I'm not sure what to make of this story - i hate it for all the emotions i went through and i love it for all the same reasons. It's the type of book that you have to read at least once in your life to fully get the experience of what true love it and how far you'll go for it.



https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8063169-kathleen-r



Contact Us Today: smallgirlandherbooks@gmail.com




Excerpt:
The corner of his mouth twitches ever so slightly, as he takes a step closer to me.
“Have you told him you love him?” he says, taking another step. My heart beats wildly, as I look anywhere but at him. He steps closer again, until he's just inches away. “Have you?” I turn my head, but his hand touches my chin, steering it back to center. “Brix.” His voice is soft, seductive, and I’m not sure how much longer I can take being this close to him. “Look at me and tell me.” I finally find the courage to look at him, and it’s as if his eyes pierce through to my soul. “Have you told him you love him?” I open my mouth to speak, but I can't say the words. He sees my hesitation and goes in for the kill. With his hand still on my chin, he lets it slide around to the side of my neck. His fingers easily glide into my hair, and his thumb rubs gently back and forth against my cheek. “I need to know,” he says, just above a whisper. I close my eyes, my lips part fractionally, and my heart is about to leap from my chest. I can feel his warm breath against my cheek, as his lips graze my ear. “Yes or no, Brix?” A sharp intake of breath fills my lungs, before I exhale in desperation.
“No,” I say, and it’s as if I've just confessed every sin I’ve ever committed. The relief is profound, but now I know I've opened up an enormous gate. I feel him smile against my cheek and hear his satisfaction as he hums his exhale.
“Good. I can work with that.”

Amazon links:

You can read the first full chapters of all Kate’s books on herwebsite, www.KateSquiresAuthor.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment