Blog Archive

Darkest Sin by Ashton Blackthorne




Title: Darkest Sin
Author: Ashton Blackthorne
Publisher: Butterfly Publishing House
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 14, 2018



Blurb


There’s nothing in the world I can’t buy… …except her. Amber has no idea what she does to me. She’s my secretary, but she’s also my obsession. Those innocent eyes? Those delicious curves? She sets my blood on fire. Out of all the women in the world, she’s the one I want. The one I need. But the sins of the past have dirtied my hands and my soul. I can’t touch her. I can’t have her. I can never make her mine. But I’ll do anything to stop my brother from making her his… …even if that means taking her for myself. 



ADD TO GOODREADS


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


 






This review is a bit difficult to write, mostly because i'm not sure how to rate it and i'm not too sure what to make of it. I've read the foreword from the author before reading this book, so i'm aware that this is based on true events with some minor changes. So i find myself questioning if i can truly rate and review Darkest Sin by Ashton Blackthorne. In some ways, i can. In others, i can't.

I found a happy medium between my dilemma and the fact that i want to leave a review - i'll review my experience of this book rather than the content.

Ashton Blackthorne isn't so much a new to me author - i have many of his previously published books, but Darkest Sin is really the first that i've sat down and read. It's a simple book with many aspects - simple in the sense that you have to realize that this tells an actual story of how two people got together after they've suffered through pain and sadness; grief. It's a journey that doesn't happen from one second to the next, but rather after time has passed by so that you can appreciate the journey. But also, you have to realize that it's written as though someone was explaining their story rather than telling a fictional story.

I'm aware that this author knows about the BDSM lifestyle, and while there are many elements of it, it's not overpowering and not the only focal point of this story - again, we have two different characters, Ashton and Amber. One that is knowledgeable in the lifestyle, while the other needs to learn much about it, but i did enjoy reading how Ashton's natural alpha tendencies came out to play when it came to keeping Amber for himself.

As i've mentioned, i had troubles writing and rating this book - while i did enjoy it, it was also difficult knowing that it was based on true events, knowing it was the first book i've read by this author. It was also difficult getting used to the way that it was written, but at the same time, if you see it as being in the author's shoes, the appreciation for this story skyrockets higher than you could ever imagine.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8063169-kathleen-r



Contact Us Today: smallgirlandherbooks@gmail.com


 






Purchase Links


99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited








Author Bio



Ashton Blackthorne.

Ruthless. Unstoppable. Sexy.

My gorgeous secretary calls me a bad boy in a good suit. I’ve built up quite a reputation over the years women have dubbed me "So so bad" and men have called me the biggest, baddest shark on Wall Street. They say I’ve been everywhere, done everything…
And it’s all true.

I get what I want when I want it.

Now I'm sharing the most intimate details of my sordid life in my books based on actual events.

Broken, a dark alpha male romance is my first novel and Shattered, the sequel is a bad boy romance both based on my life.

I love hot action and even hotter women. And I will share with you ALL of my naughty, sordid exploits in my books.

Be the first to read my new releases and get to know me FREE by joining my mailing list.



Author Links



0 comments :

Post a Comment