Blog Archive

Quit Your Pitchin' by Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Quit Your Pitchin'
Series: There's No Crying in Baseball
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Sports Romance
Release Date: July 20, 2018
Cover Model: Chase Ketron
Photographer: FuriousFotog


What’s wrong with my butt?

She means those words to be directed toward the woman beside her, not him. But he can’t stop himself

from answering. Not when her ass is the most magnificent thing he’s seen in his life.

Apparently, answering her with ‘not a damn thing’ wasn’t what she was expecting.

She likely wasn’t expecting the baseball she took to the face at his next at bat, either.

All it takes is one ill-fated foul ball, and George Hoffman, Lumberjacks center fielder, falls head over

heels in love with Wrigley Field—and yes, that is her real name.

From that point forward, George and Wrigley fall into a fast whirlwind love that ends with them eloping

to Vegas. And he has his potty mouth, titty bar owning, pain in the ass grandmother to thank for it.

Not that he’s complaining or anything.

Who wouldn’t want to be married to a woman that made his heart race like he was in the final game of

the World Series?

The only problem is trying to convince her of that.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars






This was interesting. I had read the first instalment of this series, There's No Crying In Baseball, Pitch Please, and loved it. It was a great introduction to another style of what Lani Lynn Vale can do other than her MC romances/Romantic Suspense that i completely and utterly fell in love with.

So, of course, it's no surprise that i had to get my hands on Quit Your Pitchin'... because, well, it's Lani Lynn Vale. I mean, this is one author that i don't think about and immediately one click when my bank account isn't screaming at me that i've already busted my already significant book buying budget. There was something about this book that didn't have me give this a 5 star review - don't get me wrong, it has everything that i love about this author: humor, suspense, characters that i immediately connect with. But there was something about the romance between these two, or maybe it was the way that the storyline was developped that had me wondering if i skipped a chapter or a few paragraphs, but it was a bit jumpy. At first it was me, so i spent more time going back and rereading passages, and then i got confused, and figured again it was me since it was 11.30 at night when i jumped on this book.

While i still love these characters. Love this author. And absolutely love her books, this will be a book that i will need to reread in the future to see if my option changes - which with luck and more sleep, it will. Otherwise, my review still stands as is, but still with huge thumbs up, because quite honestly, just because my addle brain couldn't keep up, doesn't mean that someone else won't love it even more.

Or maybe because it's baseball and i'm like Wrigley - couldn't even begin to start understanding how it works unless i'm dating the batter and getting beaten up by the fly balls... who knows. I'm totally using that excuse!















I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 8, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.



HOSTED BY:


0 comments :

Post a Comment