Blog Archive

Reflections by Amber Lacie





Title: Reflections
Author: Amber Lacie
Series: Love Ever After series (novella)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: August 7th, 2018
Cover & Teaser Designer: Bookend Designs




Broken hearts aren’t just for the weak. Sometimes it’s the strongest ones who fall the hardest.

Evan didn’t need love, and honestly, he didn’t want it. Every time he opened his heart, he got hurt. If he learned one thing in the military, it was how to survive. To do that, he had to run. But before he could, he lost himself to someone who never should have been there in the first place. Now, her blonde ringlets and the feeling of her body pressed to his still haunt his dreams.

Kayla wanted nothing to do with men after her fiancé not only left her for someone else, but also stranded her at a wedding reception. All she had to comfort her was a few glasses of wine and the quietness of the starry night sky. She wanted to be alone, to hide herself from the world, however, under a gazebo she sought solace from her heartache and found herself in the arms of another man.

When their worlds collide years later, will either of them be able to trust what their hearts are telling them?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40516973-reflections-a-love-ever-after-series-book-3






My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 






Since i`ve begun my blogging journey (almost 5 years ago now), i`ve had the opportunity to come to love ‘meeting’ new authors that I never would have thought I could have read their books. Their stories are always something magical to get into, and then there are some that no matter what they write, you just have to get your hands on them because they get you.

Amber Lacie was one of those authors – an author that her stories just called out to you. So of course, you’d hope, even expect, that their writing would get better with each published novel, especially as they gain more experience and work with an editor that knows what they’re doing. So yeah, even if I ‘expected’ great things from this author, i`m still amazed at just how great her books are.

Reflections is very different from her previous books – really, i`m convinced she has this insane need to break reader’s worlds and force them to pick up the pieces as they sob over the pages, but this, this was different. It was edgy, it was entertaining and it was the kind of book that made you want to jump right in and go kick Kayla’s ex in the balls for being such a jerk.

Then you have Evan. Is he really what he claims to be? Personally, I don’t think so. I`m not saying that his actions aren’t douchey, because they are, but I get it. I really do. And I get Kayla’s actions too.

Can I say that i`m totally into these two? Ok, then I admit it. I am totally into these two. They are entertaining. And this author does older man/younger woman romance very well. You would think that Amber Lacie has years of writing this type of trope, but for real, it’s her first and she does a great job at it!

Easily, this author has become one of my go to authors because when she writes, I connect, and I can`t wait for more from her.





©Amber Lacie, 2018
 

“No. I caught him texting some chick outside when he stepped out for a cigarette. He was licking his lips and had a weird look on his face while staring down at his phone. I thought maybe it was something for me. You know, for later? I peered over his shoulder and saw ‘Candace’ lit up on his phone. When I asked him who she was he told me––and I quote, ‘The best fucking lay I’ve ever had. Way better than you’ll ever be.” 

Leaning her head back against my chest, she took a deep breath. “Then he turned around and just stared at me. I mean, I knew he was drunk––fuck, we both were, but to say something like that…. How long has he hated me, Evan?” 

“Baby, no––don’t think that. He doesn’t hate you. No one could hate you.” Fuck. Two things registered in my mind in that moment. The first was how badly I wanted to kill Paul. The other was that I had just called her baby. 

“You’re sweet. You really are, Evan, but you’re a shit liar. You only say things like that to people you hate. I told him we were over and to call his bitch for a ride. He laughed and said he already had. I just stood there in shock, staring at him. The next thing I knew a black sedan was pulling up with some skinny bitch in the driver’s seat. Just like that he was gone and so was my future,” she finished, tears beginning to flow once again. 

Fucking prick. If I ever see him again, I will make him pay. “He’s an asshole. He doesn’t deserve you. No one does.”

















I grew up in Chicagoland and now live in quaint little town in Northwest Indiana. I have two beautiful children and husband who worships the ground I walk on (or at least he should). I've always loved reading. Now I'm expanding that love into writing and look forward to producing many books.

I'm a huge geek and proud of it. Books are my life. I love reading, especially fiction. It doesn't matter the genre or age group. I will read anything from comics to novels. I read at least one book a day. If it wasn't for my kindle, my living room would be overflowing with books.


 

0 comments :

Post a Comment