Blog Archive

Cinderella.com by River Laurent




Title: Cinderella.Com
Author: River Laurent 
Genre: Romance 










Cass Harper


Loan sharks are circling, I’ve got my dad’s hospital bills to pay, and my landlord is about to kick me out onto the street. It’s all doom and gloom until my best friend, Jesse, tells me that she’s found me a job impersonating the famous hotel heiress, Tamara Honeywell.


I get to live on a ranch in Montana for a month and take care of all my money worries. The only snag is I’ll have to have my lips injected, and act like a spoilt, demanding, selfish brat. but, what the hell? Collagen is temporary, and I can act like the world’s most bitchy heiress for a month.

Until I see the jaw-droppingly handsome cowboy who comes to collect me. All flashing eyes, sun drenched skin, steely muscles…and spitting venom. Oops, he can’t stand talentless celebrities. Absolutely hates them. Damn, he looks like he wants to put me over his knee and spank me.


This should be interesting!
























The first romance novel I ever read was a coverless Mills & Boons that I had smuggled into bed to read by torchlight.

I opened the book, and suddenly, I was transported into a wonderfully exciting world where a tall, dark and handsome man sparred with an ordinary girl just like me, and in the end…she got to keep him! 

My stories still carry the scent of that dashing hero from my first book, because, you see, that billionaire was my very first love. And I’ve never ever really forgotten him.

When I’m not reading, or writing about hot Alphas, or eating delicious cashew nut cookies, I can be found…washing dishes, gardening, cooking, cleaning, dusting, or even picking up dog poo.  










My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Title: Cinderella.com
Author: River Laurent

  




I found River Laurent's debut novel to be something of an adventure that i never expected. I don't know where she's been hiding, but wow. I absolutely loved her twist of the Cinderella story that i know so well, it being nothing like i could have expected, especially when she takes a girl down on her luck needing money to pay for her school and her ailing father with loan sharks close behind her wanting to get more and more out of her. Cass looks so much like the spoiled rich girl Tamara, that with a chance her best friend took, she's hired to replace Tamara on a forced retreat to clean up her act by taking care of horses and learning to ride one for her 'father'. Cass has to live, breathe and act like Tamara in every single way, but when it comes to the horses and the ranch hand, Lars, Cass can't bring herself to be as horrible as Tamara actually is.

  



I flew through this book, needing to find out how it'll end and i must say that i wasn't disappointed. It was witty, funny, heart warming and especially entertaining. I couldn't get enough of any of the characters, disliking Tamara within an inch of her being, falling in love with Thunder the horse whose attitude makes me want one of my own, and to watch Cass and Lars fight for one another but still have to come to terms with reality. I really hope that River Laurent keeps writing because if Cinderella.com is any indication, i know i'll be falling in love with her stories as they keep coming out!




View all my reviews


0 comments :

Post a Comment