Blog Archive

Ain't Doin' It by Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Ain't Doin' It
Series: The Simple Man Series
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: July 6, 2018
Cover Designer: Cover Me Darling
Photographer: FuriousFotog
Model: Ian Daviau


Coke Solomon has lived a full life.

He’s a retired army drill sergeant, so he is more than used to getting his way.

And if he can’t have it his way? Well, let’s just say that’s never happened before…

At least not until Cora Maldonado walks into his life, demanding he fall in line, or she’ll find a way to make his life hell.

He finds out fast that Cora marches to the beat of her own drum, and a lot of times that drum takes her farther away rather than closer to where he feels she needs to be.

He can’t stand it.

He wants her, and he has to have her.

It doesn’t matter that she’s twenty years younger than him, and has a father that would rather see him dead than have his baby girl anywhere near him. Nor does it matter that his ex-wife is highly offended that she’s been replaced with a much younger woman.

Despite the odds stacking against them, he’ll fight for what he wants.

His ex-wife, her father, and their age difference be damned.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars





If there`s one thing that I know I can depend on from Lani Lynn Vale, it`s the fact that no matter what I have to do the next day, chances are i`ll end up going to it exhausted because I know I HAVE to finish her book. I mean, I know I need to sleep, and my eyes are burning as I write my review because I barely slept last night, but boy was it entirely worth it!!!

Since the first book of hers that I picked up, i`ve been a fan and i`m not ashamed to admit it. I always look forward to digging into the next book of hers since I know i`ll always be reading something entirely different – yes, authors have this way of writing their books that no matter how different they are from one another, they always feel familiar, this author is no different.

Ain’t Doin’ It was funny, quirky and it was emotional. Cora is every single person that i`ve come across in my life, and she`s the woman that I see something of myself in her – I believe that at one point or another in anyone`s life, we feel like we don`t belong, as though there`s something wrong with us. Rarely do we get the chance to have the answers to our most burning questions, and especially, having a reason why we feel the way that we do.

I love how Lani lynn Vale makes her characters believable, no matter how old they are. There’s no hiding the fact that Coke is older than Cora, but we wouldn`t necessarily feel it or see it unless he was talking about his daughter Frankie. He`s the man that we feel horrible he was roped into a marriage that literally sucked balls.

I absolutely loved this book and can`t wait to find out whose story we`re getting next, because for obvious reasons, this is another ‘village’ that i`ve fallen in love with the characters that love to stand out.
























I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.






HOSTED BY:


0 comments :

Post a Comment