Monday, 16 January 2017
The Heart of Stone by Dakota Willink
Title: Heart of Stone
Series: The Stone Series
Author: Dakota Willink
Genre: Contemporary Romance
New Cover Reveal: January 16th
Hosted by: Chance Promotions
Krystina Cole was a girl on a mission. She had big dreams and aspirations, none of which included a man by her side. She knew better than that – at least until she met Alexander Stone, the New York billionaire real estate tycoon. She saw the way that he looked at her, and the dark promises in his eyes. She was curious about his world and all that it entailed. But the shadows of her past haunted her, making her afraid to explore possibilities that she could never before have imagined.
Alexander Stone was a man who knew how to get what he wanted. He understood the value of finesse, and the importance of patience and diligence to achieve the desired result. He was successful and wealthy, relying on his naturally sharp instincts to guide him through life. But a chance run in with Krystina Cole quickly turned his world upside down. Her quick wit and firecracker attitude was the complete opposite of what he wanted in a woman, and his instincts failed him at every turn.
However, both Krystina and Alexander are clinging to the secrets of their past, and neither of them are willing to compromise. Krystina’s hardened heart makes emotional surrender a hard limit. But for Alexander, revealing his past could have devastating results.
After unwrapping the cellophane from the platter, I moved over to the minibar to choose a bottle of white from the wine cooler. I perused the selections, trying to decide what would pair best with the cheeses.
Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay? Both will go nicely, but which would she prefer?
I glanced over at Krystina, intending to ask her if she had a particular wine preference. However, she had a look about her that made me pause, and I didn’t want to interrupt the picture that she painted before me.
She was running one delicate hand over the wooden top of my dining room table. She wore a soft smile on her lips, appreciating the craftsmanship of the design. She looked beautiful sitting there, feet up on the chair, seeming completely at ease. And in that moment, I realized that she had never before looked quite like that in my presence. She had never appeared so completely relaxed.
I stood there studying every beautiful line of her captivating face. Seeing her that way, it was almost hard to believe she was capable of so many smart remarks and witty comebacks. Perhaps her sharp tongue and contentious behavior was a defense mechanism, one that she relied on when she was uncomfortable. If that were truly the case, then I would need to take corrective actions to remedy that problem. I had to calm her, or else I’d never get through the weeks ahead.
Since when do I think long term about these things?
The idea was novel for me and I was stunned to discover that I liked the idea of her being here more regularly. In my space. With me. It was a distressing sort of feeling.
This can all go to shit at a moments notice. Take it one step at a time.
A change of tactics was needed, for Krystina’s sake as well as my own. My normal methods of operation would have to be thrown out the window. Attempting to take control by laying down the law would only backfire, so I began to construct a new plan – one that would make Krystina feel more at ease. Once she was relaxed, I would begin to work on her trust by giving her what she’s been asking for.
Krystina would have no doubts about what I wanted from her after tonight. She would know exactly who and what I was. She would either run, or she would stay. If she stayed, then that’s when the true test would come into play – tonight I would discover if Krystina could put away that independent mind of hers long enough to pass her first lesson in submission.
Finally feeling like I had somewhat of a solution to Krystina’s argumentative nature, I turned my attention back to the wine selection. Smiling to myself, I settled on a bottle of Joh. Jos. Prüm Riesling.
Sweet. Like her.
I grabbed two crystal wine goblets and went back to the dining room, focused on the mission ahead. I could only hope that Krystina would keep herself open to what I had in mind.
Dakota Willink is a contemporary romance writer and editor, and the author of The Stone Series. She is an associate member of Romance Writers of America and a Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards winner.
Dakota has always had a passion for reading and writing. From the time she was an adolescent, she enjoyed curling up with a good paperback, reading genres that ranged from thriller and fantasy, to mystery and romance. She always dreamed of one day writing her own book, but had put her aspirations on hold to focus on her family and a career that would pay the bills. However, her heart continued to be with fictional characters – whether they belonged to a favorite author or if they were just stories that she made up in her own head.
In 2013, Dakota gathered enough courage to turn her dreams into a reality. In between playing chauffeur to two very busy children and working her job during the day, Dakota began to put words on paper. Eventually, she began to describe her life as a book. Everything she saw or heard throughout the day, intertwined with her imagination for the creation of future writings. By 2014, with the support of her husband and two children, she gave up the security of a steady paycheck and began working on her first novel full time.
Her first novel, Heart of Stone, was published in December of 2015. Less than a year after its release, the Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards recognized Heart of Stone as the 2016 Bronze Medalist in the romance category.
Dakota resides in the Western New York area, where she enjoys spending time with family, her two Labrador Retrievers, and her spoiled rotten cat. During the summer months, she can often be found soaking up the sun on the Great Lakes with her family.
Official Website: http://www.dakotawillink.com
Newsletter Sign Up: http://www.dakotawillink.com/subscribe.html
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DakotaWillink (@DakotaWillink)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/thestoneseries (@TheStoneSeries)
Wrong Jana Aston Publication date: October 7th 2015 Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance I have a history of picking the wrong gu...
Love Under Contract by Sharon C. Cooper Jenkins & Sons Construction Publication Date: March 17, 2017 Genres: Adult, Contempora...
Alpha Squad: Friends & Foes by Lorelei Moone Alpha Squad #2 Publication Date: April 7, 2017 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Ro...
- Cold Hearted by Winter Renshaw
- For Finlay by J. Nathan
- Wrong by Cailin Daire
- Clickbait by Lisa Suzanne
- Reunited by Felice Stevens
- Gutted by A.F. Crowell
- Love on Ocean Drive by Aubrey Parr
- Fatal Harmony by Anne Malcom
- Forged In Desire by Brenda Jackson
- The Deal by Misha Elliot
- The Knight by Skye Warren
- Out Of The Storm by J.B. McGee
- Heartbreaker by Stacey Kennedy
- Hunter by A.E. Fisher
- 1001 Dark Nights Bundle Nine Anthology
- Mayhem by Alexis Noelle
- Son Of A Beard by Lani Lynn Vale
- Viking by Jenika Snow
- Pieces of Heaven by Natasha Madison
- Once Should Be Enough by Nikky Kaye
- The Pine Forest by Michelle Dare
- Soulmates by Sienna Grant
- Under The Peaches by Shana Vanterpool
- Bound To Me by Christy Pastore
- No Fear by Jess Bryant
- Intertwined by Sasha Brummer
- Solis by Elda Lore
- The Beauty by Ashlee Taylor
- This Is Me, Baby by K Webster
- Flawed by Sara Hubbard
- A War Like Ours by Saffron A. Kent
- Dazzle Me by Juliana Haygert
- The Dryad's Pawprint by Laura Greenwood
- Grace by Dee Palmer
- The Boss by J.L. Perry
- New York Nights by CJ Duggan
- Heathered Country by GM Scherbert
- Owned by Willow Winters & Lauren Landish
- Jax by Victoria Danann
- Heating It Up by Elizabeth Harmon
- Perfect Strangers by Abby Gale
- Seduction by Alana Sapphire
- If I Dream by K.M. Scott
- Leather Pants by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
- Dark Hearts by Micalea Smeltzer
- The Unattainable Chief by Michelle Dare
- Her Dominant Seal by Caitlyn O'Leary
- Healing The Broken by K. Street
- Bet Me by Lila Monroe
- Charlie's Whiskey by Harlow Brown
- When She's Mine by Dani Wyatt
- Deathless & Divided by Bethany-Kris
- A Call To Heaven by Jo Kessel
- Red's Salvation by Kennedy Layne
- The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan
- The Rule Maker by Jennifer Blackwood
- The Devil's Daughter by Katee Robert
- Torn Between Two by Mia Kayla
- The Castle by Skye Warren
- Tempt by Remy Blake
- Please Boss by Juliana Conners
- Sing For Me by Crystal Kaswell
- Finally Fate by Tamra Lassiter
- A War Like Ours by Saffron A Kent
- Welcome To Beantown by Elle Vanzandt
- Defy by L.J. Shen
- Full Circle by Casey Peeler
- Every Night Without You by Violet Duke
- Taking Turns by JA Huss
- Love's Wicked Ways by LB Russel & Cheri Marie
- His Muse by Isabella Starling
- Put Out by Lani Lynn Vale
- Jayce Ventura: Ghost Detective by Serena Akeroyd
- The Journalist by Tia Lewis
- Deceit In Bloom by Jennifer Michael
- Forbidden Love by Evan Grace
- Fractured Silence by CarrieAnn Ryan
- Awaken by P.T. Michelle
- The Preacher's Daughter by Shelly Morgan
- Damaged Love by Riann C. Miller
- Grand Parade by Lilliana Rose
- Plus One by Mae Wood
- Only At The Cavern by Anna Alexander
- Trigger's Salvation by Crystal Miller
- Adoring Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan
- Grave Mistake by Izzy Shows
- Dirty Secret by Chelle Bliss & Brenda Rothert
- Tattered Gloves by J.L. Berg
- Hot As F*ck by Avery Aster
- Dark Hearts by Micalea Smeltzer
- If I Dream by K.M. Scott
- Torn Between Two by Mia Kayla
- Caged by Brittany Crowley
- Crazy Good Love by MF Isaacs
- Damon by Reece Alpha
- Silhouette by S.E. Cooper
- Royal Blood by Victoria Renteria
- Angel Series by Tracy Lorraine
- Preppy Part Two by T.M. Frazier
- Text 2 Lovers by K Webster & J.D. Hollyfield
- ▼ January (279)