Blog Archive

Side Show by Gigi Birtie

Title: Side Show
Series: Lust & Chrome Duet #1
Author: Gigi Birtie
Genre: NA Romance
Release Date: November 13, 2018


Sloane Nova Cates always knew when restoring a classic muscle car that there was nothing more she would want than to see it put others to shame on the city streets of Oakland California. 
It is Sloane's senior year in high school and this year of course was going to be different, with her older brother Reese away at college Sloane is finally not under his watchful eye. Sloane would be able to have more freedom to talk to who she wants, and most importantly date who she wants but she never guessed that she would fall for a guy who went to school with her over protective brother, who happened to play college football together. 
Sloane also never knew who she'd meet at these side shows or how it would change her life forever. She would come to find out what type of trouble in wanting a boyfriend would bring her, and how a past mistake will threaten to take it all away.
Jena (Goodreads Review): “Talk about holding your attention!!!! I couldn’t put the book down!!”
I threw on my checkered slip-on vans, checked my makeup one last time and made my way to the kitchen. It looks like I was the last to be ready which surprised me since I thought for sure Mona and Riv would have taken longer knowing he would use that opportunity to be with Mona. “Hey, I know what you're thinking and no we didn't do it, we know how to come up for air once in a while.” Mona laughs. “Oh my god Mona stop ruining my misguided thoughts on your sex life.” I tease and they all join me in the laughs at our banter. Suddenly, I feel a wave of heat behind me and everyone's face changes. I turn to just see Asher. “Hey, you coming with us to the party.” I ask politely. “No.” Asher says with a clipped tone causing me to frown. “Is there a problem I don't know about or are you always this rude? Because I swear when I met you, you were actually a nice guy.” I put my hands on my hips demanding answers. Asher looks me up and down with a look of disgust causing me to cover my stomach with the unease his eyes bring me.
As a writer and photographer for publication such as magazines, television and radio, I find it easy to write an article or a jingle, but I always longed to write a romance novel. To have a challenge that’s longer than five hundred words. To really dive deep into all emotions that one gets from reading a killer novel. I can only hope I’m doing it right so that people will enjoy and feel the raw grit that I draw from in my personal experiences, that I indeed put into my work.

Though I’m starting this adventure late in my career I’m confident that this has always been the right choice and I’m thankful I finally grew a pair to make it happen. Once I started there was no stopping this crazy train! 

A few tidbits about myself is I love classic cars, motorcycles, going on crazy motorcycle runs, photography, writing and my puppy Bowie Brexlee Birtie, my dude of fifteen years, Mr Birtie who is a huge supporter of all the crazy things I get into, and of course I love reading romance novels!! Definitely not in that order. My girl Bowie is my number one above all things. She listens to all my book ideas, which basically makes her my writing partner. This is just some of what makes me who I am and I hope we all can form a rad writer/reader relationship!
HOSTED BY:

0 comments :

Post a Comment